A new Press Accreditation Portal is available on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI). The new platform was developed according to the highest IT and safety standards, and its graphical user interface makes the portal easy to use, enabling accreditation procedures to be more speedy and efficient.
The new portal, available in English and in Italian, replaces the previous version. All journalists (Italian and foreigners) and foreign correspondents with a permanent accreditation in Italy and registered on the former portal must re-register by following the procedure described in the handbook [ITA version in the page in Italian, ENG version in the pages in English and Arabic].
The accreditation procedure is:
1. Following initial Online Registration users will receive a registration confirmation email at their personal email address and will be able to access the Reserved Area on the portal.
2. Upload, through the section «My documents» in the Reserved Area, a digital copy of the following documents:
- passport-type photo
- valid identity card or passport;
- journalists who are not freelance
- Italian: letter from the press organisation they represent;
- Foreigners: letter from their press organisation and a Nota Verbale released by the embassy of the country where the organisation has its offices (alternatively, the embassy can send the letter via email to (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- freelance journalists:
- Italian: Italian press card;
- Foreigners: letter stating the relevant press organisation and a copy of the Nota Verbale from the embassy of the country where the press organisation has its offices.
Once all the documents have been uploaded and sent, they will be examined by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service which will confirm or reject the accreditation. The outcome will be sent to the applicant via email.
Only after receiving the confirmation of the accreditation, journalists can:
- register for events/press conferences organised by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI);
- (for foreign correspondents) submit a request to the Institutional Press and Communication Service for a letter confirming the accreditation with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI).
For further information, please contact
Institutional Press and Communication Service
Tel. +39 06/3691.3432 – 8573 – 8210