A reminder that at 14:30 on Wednesday 1 July 2015, the Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Paolo Gentiloni, will participate in "Start City – Metropolitan Cities as the spark for the country’s economic recovery” at Villa Madama, organised by the Associazione Nazionale Comuni Italiani (ANCI) in collaboration with The European House – Ambrosetti.
Start City has the aim of identifying and promoting, along with the national business community, the values of Metropolitan cities as national productive and financial hubs.
The event will be moderated by President of the Casa Editrice Longanesi publishers Ferruccio de Bortoli, with introductions to be delivered by ANCI President and Mayor of Turin Piero Fassino and Managing Partner of The European House – Ambrosetti Valerio De Molli. Other speakers will include representatives from the Italian business community and the Mayors of Metropolitan Cities, and Minister for Economic Development Federica Guidi.
In the margins of the event, roughly around 14:20, a Protocol of Understanding drafted by the MFAIC with the Department of Regional Affairs of the Presidency of the Council of Ministers and ANCI will be signed, the purpose of which is to enhance and regroup local activities of international importance.
The session will be concluded (at approx.17:00) by Coordinator of ANCI Mayors of Metropolitan Cities and Mayor of Florence Dario Nardella.
Online accreditation system.
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the event should:
- complete the interactive form available at http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp
- attach all required documentation (if not already submitted) to the form, in digital format
- a letter from your media organisation
- for foreign journalists in Italy: a note verbale issued by the Embassy in Rome of your media organisation’s country.
If you are unable to complete the online accreditation procedure, please send your application by fax, on your media organisation’s letterhead, to the Foreign Ministry’s Press and Institutional Communication Service (tel. 06/3691.3432-8573-8210).
Accreditation badges should be collected in person at the rear entrance to the Farnesina (via della macchia della Farnesina) according to the following schedule:
- photographers, and TV crews from 12:45 to 13:15 and no later (to cover the signing of the Protocol of Understanding);
- journalists, from 13:15 to 13:45 (to cover the opening of the Start City sessions, entirely open to the press).
Since private vehicles are not allowed on the grounds of Villa Madama, a shuttle bus service will operate between the Farnesina and Villa Madama starting at 12:45.