Specific rules and guidelines for travel from Brazil
From 16 to 31 January 2021 entry and transit in the national territory are forbidden for travellers who have visited or transited through Brazil in the the 14-day period prior to their expected day of entry (except for those who were on board an indirect flight to Italy which began on 16 January 2021).
Specific rules and guidelines for travel to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Travellers visiting or transiting through the UK in the 14-day period prior to their entry to Italy are allowed entry to Italy only if resident in the country since before 23 December 2020 or for essential reasons (in which case they must specify, in the self-declaration form, whether they are returning home or the essential reason for travelling). In these cases, travellers are allowed entry to Italy only if they:
- present to the carrier on boarding, and to any other control authority, a negative molecular or antigenic swab test result carried out no earlier than 72 hours before entering the country;
- undertake to carry out a molecular or antigenic swab test on arrival at the airport, port or border crossing, where possible, or within 48 hours from entering the country at their local health authority. Travellers entering Italy with a flight from the UK must carry out a swab test on arrival at the airport;
- undertake, regardless of the swab test result under point b) above, to quarantine under medical supervision for a period of fourteen days, at their home or other place of residence, subject to communication of their arrival to the Prevention Department of the competent local health authority.
Transport and haulage personnel engaged in transporting passengers and freight shall not be required to quarantine in Italy (except if they have the symptoms of Covid-19), but shall nevertheless be required to take a molecular or antigenic swab test on arrival at the airport, port or border crossing, where possible, or within 48 hours from entering the country at their local health authority.
- SELF-DECLARATION FORM FOR ENTERING ITALY FROM ABROAD: FORM
- NORMATIVA ANTI-COVID PER RIENTRO DALL’ESTERO: SELF-DECLARATION – ANNEX
THE MEASURES APPLIED IN ITALY - view all >>