To coincide with the Guadalajara Book Fair 2008, Filmitalia has joined forces with the institutions, associations and individuals drawing up the general programme for this prestigious event. It has put together a project reflecting the most recent developments in Italy’s production of films based on literary works. From a quick reading of the list of Italian titles produced from 2000 to 2008, the dizzying growth of this type of cinema is clear to see, with “the film of the book” representing a third of Italy’s entire annual film production so far this year.
This makes the Guadalajara Book Fair – particularly the 2008 edition, which is such a special one for Italy – an ideal opportunity to offer an ad hoc space for what has become almost a trans-genre in our cinema. Filmitalia will be organising a season of nine of the most recent Italian films, as well as a series of meetings with writers and directors.
- I viceré (The Viceroys) by Roberto Faenza (2007)
- Caos calmo (Quiet Chaos) by Antonello Grimaldi (2008)
- Gomorra (Gomorrah) by Matteo Garrone (2008)
- La bestia nel cuore (Don't Tell) by Cristina Comencini (2005)
- Romanzo criminale (Crime Novel) by Michele Placido (2005)
- Io non ho paura (I’m Not Scared) by Gabriele Salvatores (2003)
- Mio fratello è figlio unico (My Brother is an Only Child) by Daniele Luchetti (2007)
- Un giorno perfetto (A Perfect Day) by Ferzan Ozpetek (2008)
- Notturno Bus (Night Bus) by Davide Marengo (2007)