Objective:supporting the restart of the exhibition sector also in a digital key.
Lines of activity:
Coordination of MAECI and ICE Agency together with the Conference of Autonomous Regions and Provinces and the associations of the AEFI sector (Italian Exhibitions and Fairs Association) and CFI (Industry Fairs Committee).
- Strengthening of 29 physical and 8 digital fairs in Italy in the second half of 2020.
Launch of an extraordinary communication campaign dedicated to Italian fairs on 5 priority markets by summer 2020.
Initiatives and areas of intervention:
1. Launch of the Smart 365 Trade Fair by ICE Agency: a platform that provides trade fairs, associations and consortia with a customisable space for the organisation of trade fairs and virtual B2B.
Numerous advantages offered by the platform, including::
- the possibility to realise virtual incoming with foreign operators also from the main non‑European markets;
- the possibility for Italian exhibitors to integrate the online presentation with immersive videos and 3D visits;
- the extension of the visit time beyond the physical fair dates to accommodate a wider demand;
- integration with the ICE Agency videoconferencing system for the realisation of webinars and in-depth sessions.
2. Implementation of special incoming programs: for buyers, influencers, bloggers, foreign VIPs, journalists, ambassadors.
- Extension of the visit routes throughout Italy, in order to enhance its specificity and local vocations.
- Multiplication of benefits through the promotion of investment potential, tourist attraction capacity and supply chains connected to the exhibition sector.
- Addressing new visitors to the ICE virtual platform and to the digital platforms of the individual Italian fairs.
3. Organisation in Italy of sector events, fairs and demonstrations in the last quarter of 2020 (to compensate for the cancellation of activities imposed by Covid-19 emergency) and supply chain events abroad to enhance the sectors in an integrated form.
To monitor initiatives: https://www.ice.it/it/eventi