On 14 November, at 11:30 a.m. at the Officine Farneto in Rome, the third edition of the Week of Italian Cuisine in the World was held in the presence of the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Emanuela Claudia Del Re, and of the Minister of Agricultural, Food and Forestry Policies and Tourism, Gian Marco Centinaio.
From 19 to 25 November, a new edition of the now annual event devoted to promoting the excellence of Italian food and wine in the world will be celebrated in 110 Countries with 1300 events entirely dedicated to food and wine Made in Italy. Conferences, tasting events, gala dinners, cookery courses, concerts and exhibitions will enliven the activities organised by the diplomatic network in cooperation with trade organisations and chains of certified Italian restaurants, to better disseminate our culinary tradition in the world as the distinctive trait of Italian culture and boost exports and culinary tourism.
The third edition of the Week of Italian Cuisine in the World especially aims to promote the following:
• the Mediterranean Diet and its ingredients;
• regional culinary itineraries and tourism, also in connection with the 2018 Year of Italian Food;
• activities linked to the celebrations of the Centennial of Gioacchino Rossini, on the 150th anniversary of the death of the composer, a well-known gourmet and lover of culinary art;
• the “Pasta Pesto Day” initiative in which restaurants all over the world engage in a solidarity contest to help the Municipality of Genoa;
• training activities, aimed at developing a long-term cooperation between Italian and local chefs;
• protecting ‘Controlled and Protected Designation of Origin’ products and combating the phenomenon Italian sounding products.