A series of four video concerts organized by the acclaimed Italian cellist Antonio Lysy: this is the proposal of the Italian Cultural Institute of Los Angeles for its Maggio Musicale. Lysy has performed as a soloist in major theatres around the world, alongside prestigious orchestras such as the Philharmonia Orchestras of London, the Camerata Academica of Salzburg, the Zurich Tonhalle, the Orchestra di Padova e del Veneto, the Israel Sinfonietta, the Montreal Symphony Orchestra, the Toronto Symphony Orchestra, and more recently the Camerata Strumentale City of Prato. Among his collaborations, the names of Yuri Temirkanov, Charles Dutoit, Sir Yehudi Menuhin, Sandor Vegh and Kees Bakels stand out. Lysy also obtained a Latin Grammy and founded in 1989 the Tuscan festival Incontri in terre di Siena, of which he is currently artistic director.
The first of the four concerts is already available on the institute YouTube Channel.
Monday 4th May
- Villa-Lobos - Song of the Black Swan - Isola Maggiore, Trasimeno lake
Antonio Lysy carbon fibre cello, with Marcia Dickstein harp, with photographs and editing by Ettore Causa
- Faure - Après un rêve - Spring 2020 in Val d'Orcia
Antonio Lysy cello, with Cadenza Live app, editing by Antonio Lysy and Ettore Causa
Monday 11th May
- Prokofiev Sonata with Inna Faliks at UCLA
Inna Faliks piano, Antonio Lysy, cello, editing by Umberto Belfiore
Monday 18th May
- Messiaen Louange à l'éternité de Jesus with images of the Sistine Chapel
Antonio Lysy cello, David Kaplan piano, editing by Umberto Belfiore.
Monday 25th May
- Vivaldi Duetto with Kaya Ralls accompanied by special images from Italy
Kaya Ralls cello, Antonio Lysy cello, editing by Umberto Belfiore
- Gabriel's Oboe by Ennio Morricone, arrangement by Daniel Gledhill for cello ensemble (with cello students, UCLA Spikes)