On Tuesday, 6 February, at the initiative of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano, the Farnesina will host the second edition of the ministerial conference: “A Shared Responsibility for a Common Goal - Solidarity and Security”.
Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Libya, Malta, Niger, the Netherlands, Spain, Sudan and Tunisia are the African and European Countries invited to participate in the Conference.
The Conference will open with remarks by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano, followed by the Director General of the International Organization for Migration (OIM), William Lacy Swing, the Secretary General of OSCE, Thomas Greminger, and the Deputy Foreign Minister of Bulgaria, Todor Stoyanov, on behalf of Bulgaria’s rotating Presidency of the European Union Council.
Italy’s chief diplomat, Minister Alfano affirmed: “The Conference intends to promote the new dialogue format announced in the joint declaration of the first edition of the conference, which took place in Rome last 6 July on the strengthened partnership between European and African Countries of Transit, with the aim of initiating an integrated management of the migration phenomenon capable of combining the principles of solidarity and security.”
The following moments will be open to the press:
- 10:00 a.m. - opening remarks
- 1:00 p.m. - family photo (only photographers and cameramen)
- 1:10 p.m. - closing press point by Minister Alfano
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the event are requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following two ways:
- by filling the interactive form and clicking on the event concerned at the link http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching thereto, unless already provided, the documentation requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country).
- by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), attaching thereto the letter of his/her media organisation (or press card for freelance reporters) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews may collect their accreditation badges in person at the rear entrance of the Ministry on Via della Macchia della Farnesina, in the following time slots:
from 9:.00 to 9:30 a.m.: for the opening remarks
from 12:00 to 12:30 p.m.: for the family photo and the press point by Minister Alfano