On Thursday, 25 October 2018, at 10:00 a.m., the Farnesina will host the Italy-Africa Ministerial Conference, which will convene in Rome more than 40 delegations from African Countries, the top executives of the African Union and high-ranking representatives of Regional Agencies and of major International Organizations of the UN System.
The President of the Republic, Sergio Mattarella, will make the opening remarks and the Opening Session will follow with remarks by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Enzo Moavero Milanesi and by the Deputy Chairperson of the African Union Commission, Kwesi Quartey.
The Plenary Session, chaired by the Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Emanuela Del Re, and the following thematic panels, will feature the participation of members of the Government of African Countries as well as representatives from the world of economics, entrepreneurship, academia and the third sector.
The Conference will close with remarks by the Italian Prime Minister, Prof. Giuseppe Conte.
The day’s agenda schedules the following photo moments:
• 10:00-11:15 a.m.: Opening Session (photographers and TV crews in the International Conference Hall and journalists in the overflow room)
• 11:15 a.m.: family photo (photographers and TV crews)
• 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.: Plenary Session (photographers and TV crews in the International Conference Hall and journalists in the overflow room)
• 5:00 p.m.: Closing Session (photographers and TV crews in the International Conference Hall and journalists in the overflow room)
For the photo moments, in consideration of the limited capacity of the International Conference Hall, it will be necessary to form pools of cameramen and photographers.
You can apply for accreditation by and no later than 2 p.m. on 24 October, in one of the following two ways:
- ONLINE at the link https://portaleaccreditamento.esteri.it,
attaching the documentation requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country).
- VIA E-MAIL sent to: email@example.com (Tel. +39 06/3691.3432 – +39 06/3691.8573) attaching thereto the aforesaid documentation.
In case of a request to position satellite trucks, you must send an email containing the licence plate number and truck model to firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. +39 06/3691.3432-8573-8210) by and no later than 2 p.m. on 24 October.
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews may enter the Foreign Ministry from the rear entrance on Via della Macchia della Farnesina, at the following time slots:
• from 8:00 to no later than 8:45 a.m. – for the Opening Session, family photo and Plenary Session
• from 3:15 to no later than 4:00 p.m. – for the Closing Session