The 2nd Ministerial Conference entitled "A Shared Responsibility for a Common Goal: Solidarity and Security” will be hosted on Tuesday 6 February by the Farnesina on the initiative of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano.
It will be attended by representatives of Algeria, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Libya, Malta, Niger, Spain, Sudan,The Netherlands and Tunisia.
The Minister will open the conference, followed by opening speeches by the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy (HRVP), Federica Mogherini, Director General of the IOM, William Lacy Swing, Secretary General of the OSCE, Thomas Greminger, and the Presidency of the Council of the European Union, currently held by Bulgaria, represented by Todor Stoyanov, Deputy Foreign Minister of Bulgaria.
Foreign Minister Alfano said: "The conference intends to press ahead, with the new format of dialogue, which was launched with the joint statement of the first Ministerial Conference, that was held in Rome on 6 July, 2017. It is based on an enhanced partnership between European countries and African transit countries to achieve an integrated management of the migration phenomenon, capable of uniting solidarity and security."
The members of the press will have access to the following parts of the conference:
• 10:00 a.m. - Opening remarks
• 13:00 p.m. - Family photo (photographers and cameramen only)
• 13:10 p.m.- Press point with conclusions by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano
Journalists, photographers and TV crews are kindly requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following ways:
- by filling the interactive form at http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s country).
- by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), enclosing the letter of their media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
Accreditation badges must be collected in person at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, at the rear entrance, on Via della Macchia della Farnesina
• from 9.00 to 9.30 a.m. for the opening remarks
• from 12.00 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. for the Family photo and the Press point with Minister Alfano