On Monday, Jan. 30, and Tuesday Jan. 31, the Farnesina will host the conference “Worldwide Ban on Female Genital Mutilation” organised by the NGO “Non c’è pace senza giustizia”, in association with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation.
The conference, of which you will find the programme attached, is wholly open to the press.
On Monday morning, at 9:30 a.m., the conference will open with statements by Benedetto Della Vedova, Undersecretary of State for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Elisabetta Belloni, Secretary General of the Foreign Ministry, Emma Bonino, founder of “Non c’è pace senza giustizia”, Sika Kaboré, First Lady of Burkina Faso and Lalla Malika Issoufou, First Lady of Niger.
At 12:30 p.m. the programme includes a photo opportunity.
On Tuesday afternoon, starting from 5 p.m., the conference will close with statements by Emma Bonino, Morissanda Kouyaté, Executive Director of the Inter-African Committee on Traditional Practices, Luca Giansanti, Director General of Political Affairs of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Pietro Sebastiani, Director General of Development Cooperation and Laura Frigenti, Director of the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation.
The conference will close with the signing of a ministerial declaration.
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the event are requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following two ways:
- by clicking on the event concerned and filling out the interactive form at the link http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching thereto, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country).
- by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at the following address: email@example.com (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), attaching thereto the letter of his/her media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews should enter the Ministry from the main entrance– left-hand side – according to the following schedules:
- On Monday, 30 January, from 8:45 to 9:30 a.m. to be present at the opening remarks.
- On Tuesday, 31 January
- from 8:45 to 9:30 a.m. to attend the conference session
- from 4:30 to 5:00 p.m. to be present at the closing remarks.