On Thursday 15 March the Farnesina will host the Ministerial Meeting entitled “Lebanon, building trust: a viable security for the country and the region”, on the Support to the Lebanese Security Forces."The meeting was announced last October when Lebanon's Prime Minister Hariri was last in Rome, and was mentioned in the Joint Statement adopted on the sidelines of the Ministerial Meeting of the International Support Group for Lebanon (ISG), which was held in Paris. The Ministerial Meeting will be attended by representatives of over 40 Countries. It will be an opportunity to manifest a broad international support to the process which the Lebanese Government has set in motion to strengthen the capacity and effectiveness of the Security Forces, with a view to supporting the sovereignty and independence of the Country and its institutions," said the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano. He continued to say: "The Conference hosted by the Farnesina forms part of a roadmap comprising three events dedicated to Lebanon (Rome, Paris and Brussels), which has been outlined by the ISG in order to support the Country along its path towards stability and growth, taking into account its concrete and lasting efforts to distance itself from regional crises."
The Conference will open with remarks by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano, followed by the opening speeches by Italy's Prime Minister, Paolo Gentiloni, Lebanon's Prime Minister, Saad Hariri, and the UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
The moments open to the press will be the following:
• 3:00 p.m. - Opening Remarks
• 3:45 p.m. - Family Photo (only photographers and TV crews)
• subsequently - Statements to the press by Prime Minister Gentiloni, Prime Minister Hariri and UN Secretary General Guterres
• 7:00 p.m. - Press Conference at the conclusion of the Ministerial Meeting of Minister Alfano, Prime Minister Hariri and the United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon, Amb. Pernille Dahler Kardel.
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the moments open to the press are requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following ways:
- by filling the interactive form at the link http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching thereto, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country).
- by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), attaching thereto the letter of his/her media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews can collect their accreditation badges at the rear entrance of the Ministry on Via della Macchia della Farnesina, at the following times:
• from 2:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.: for the opening remarks, the family photo and the statements to the press by Prime Minister Gentiloni, Prime Minister Hariri and the UN Secretary General Guterres;
• from 6:00 to 6:30 p.m.: for the Press Conference at the conclusion of the Ministerial Meeting of Minister Alfano, Prime Minister Hariri and the United Nations Special Coordinator for Lebanon, Amb. Pernille Dahler Kardel.