The Farnesina will host the 12th Conference of the Ambassadors of Italy entitled "Security and growth in the era of disorder: Italian diplomacy to face global challenges," on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday next week, 24-26 July. The conference will be attended by the President of the Italian Republic, Sergio Mattarella, the Italian Prime Minister, Paolo Gentiloni and the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano.
The following sections will be open to the media:
Monday, 24 July
- Opening session with addresses by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the President of the Republic and the French and Spanish Ministers of Foreign Affairs (4:30 - 6:30 p.m.)
Tuesday, 25 July
- Session closed to the media
Wednesday, 26 July
- Third Plenary Session - Global Challenges ( 10:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.)
Walter Russel Mead, Fyodor Lukyanov, Cui Hongjian and William Lacy Swing will attend the session, which is organised in conjunction with the Aspen Institute Italia.
- Closing session with an address by the Prime Minister (12:30 p.m.)
- Family photo follows.
Photographers and TV crews will be able to follow the speeches by President Mattarella, Prime Minister Gentiloni, Minister Alfano, Minister Le Drian and Minister Dastis directly from the conference hall. Print journalists will follow them from the Ministry's salle d'ecoute via closed circuit TV.
The third Plenary session entitled "Global Challenges" can be followed from the salle d'ecoute.
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in the press sections should apply for accreditation in one of the following ways no later than 6:00 p.m. on Friday, 21 July:
- by filling the interactive form at the link http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s country).
- by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at the following address: email@example.com (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), attaching the letter from his/her media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s country.
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews should enter the Farnesina from the rear entrance on Via della Macchia della Farnesina, on the following schedule:
Monday 24 July
(to follow speeches by President Mattarella, Minister Alfano, Minister Le Drian and Minister Dastis)
Photographers and TV crews: from 3:00 p.m. until 3:45 p.m. (Sala Conferenze Internazionali)
Print journalists: from 3:15 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. (salle d'ecoute)
Wednesday 25 July
(to follow the third Plenary Session)
Photographers and TV crews: from 9:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. (Sala Conferenze Internazionali)
Print journalists: from 11:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. (salle d'ecoute)
To apply for a permit for satellite truck positions, please send the number plate, truck model and names of TV crew members to firstname.lastname@example.org (tel. + 39 06/3691.3432-8573-8210) no later than 6:00 p.m. on Friday, 21 July.