The new online Media Accreditation Portal of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI), is now available at: https://portaleaccreditamento.esteri.it/.
Developed in compliance with the most advanced digital and security standards, the new platform features a graphic interface that simplifies its use and makes accreditation procedures faster and more efficient.
Available in Italian and English, the new Portal replaces the previous one. Reporters (Italian and foreign) and foreign correspondents with permanent accreditation in Italy who have already registered on the previous Portal will have to re-register by following the instructions contained in the User Guide attached hereto.
The accreditation procedure is as follows:
1. First, proceed to Register online, after which users will receive an email at their email address confirming the registration and enabling them to access their Members Area on the Portal page.
2. On the «My documents» section of the Members Area, upload the following documents in digital format:
ü passport photo;
ü a valid ID card or passport;
ü for non-freelance journalists:
- Italian: letter from their media organisations;
- foreign: letter from their media organisations and a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country (alternatively, the Embassy can directly send the letter by email to email@example.com);
ü for freelance journalists:
- Italian: their press card;
- foreign: an assignment letter from a media organisation and a copy of the Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
After all the documents are uploaded and sent, they are vetted by the Institutional Press and Communication Service of the MAECI, which can then validate or reject the accreditation. The outcome of the vetting process will be notified to the applicant via email.
After receiving confirmation of accreditation, the journalist will be able to:
ü register for events/press conferences organised by the MAECI;
ü (for foreign correspondents) request accreditation to the MAECI from the Press and Communication Service.
It is possible to consult the Accreditation Portal User Guide on the official Website at this link
For any additional information, please contact:
Institutional Press and Communication Service
Tel: +39 06/3691.3432 – 8573 – 8210