The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation grants patronage, or expresses its willingness to participate in Honour Committees, for initiatives or events of a cultural, scientific, humanitarian, tourism-related, economic, sporting nature through its Thematic or Geographical Directorates.
In order to be eligible for such acknowledgement initiatives must:
• be of evident and ascertainable importance;
• have a significant and documented impact at international level;
• take place within a specific and definable period of time;
• not have purely local appeal; and
• not, even indirectly, turn a profit.
Applications for patronage or requests for participation in Honour Committees should be directed to the Minister’s Private Staff at the following address:
Ministero degli Affari Esteri
c.a. Gabinetto del Ministro
Piazzale della Farnesina 1
and include the following data:
• personal data and qualifications of applicant (name, address, telephone number, role played in the promotion/organisation of the event);
• date and place of the event along with a detailed programme including the names of speakers and topic of speeches and the event’s duration;
• the eventual patronage of other ministries, national institutions or local bodies, duly documented and attached to the application.
Applications should be submitted at least three months in advance of the event’s scheduled date to allow for the necessary processing and consideration, and their eventual approval will be communicated by telegram.