FOR TECHNICAL COOPERATION CAPACITY BUILDING
AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
The “Fellowships Programme for Technical Cooperation Capacity Building and Human Resources Development” is an initiative funded by the Italian Government through the General Directorate for Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS). It is implemented by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN/DESA) and targets post-graduate Italian nationals.
This Programme allows young graduates to undertake a one-year on-the-job training period in the field offices of organizations belonging to the United Nations system or the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation. The fellowship includes a two-week orientation workshop in Italy prior to commencing the assignment in the host country.
The 2019 / 2020 Programme is designed as follows:
- December 2019: orientation workshop
- January-December 2020: on-the-job training period in developing countries in a UN or AICS field office.
To be considered eligible for the Programme, the following requirements are mandatory:
- Maximum age: 28 years old (i.e. born on or after 1 January 1991)
- Italian nationality
- Fluency in English and Italian
- Advanced university degree awarded before the application deadline, such as:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
- Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree.
The deadline for application submission is 21 June 2019 at 3:00 pm (Italian local time).
Applications can only be submitted online via the ‘Online Web Application’ system of the UN/DESA Rome Office. Access to this system is available from the website www.undesa.it
In view of the high expected volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by UN/DESA regarding the outcome of the pre-selection process.