The London Somalia Conference will take place on 23 February 2012.
Members of the press can apply for accreditation on the event’s website www.ldnsomalia.com, and must do so no later than 18:00 (Italian time) on 20 February. Given the limited number of places, interested journalists are urged to apply as soon as possible.
Registration includes the following documentation:
- Photo in compliance with a series of requirements (listed on the website)
- Letter of assignment from the editor compliant with a series of requirements (listed on the website).
After receiving confirmation from the website, accredited members of the will receive an email from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) with instructions on collecting their badges.
Events open to the press will include:
- Arrival of delegations at Lancaster House: it will be possible to gather at the TV setups as of 7:00 (no admittance without badge).
- Family Photo: planned for 10:00 before the start of the conference. TV setups will be placed near the entrance to Lancaster House for external coverage and there will be an area for photographers (limited number of places).
- Official press conference in the Locarno Room of the FCO: planned for 16:00 (no admittance without badge).
No press will be admitted inside Lancaster House during the conference sessions, but a TV pooling service will be provided by the BBC for local stations, and CNN for international stations, each with one photographer (photographers pool).