Journalists and camera operators interested in covering the events at Villa Madama on the occasion of US Secretary of State John Kerry’s visit to Rome on Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 February 2013 are asked to request accreditation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Journalists and camera operators who submitted preliminary applications for accreditation are kindly asked to confirm today by e-mail. In case of emergency, the telephone number of the Office of Accreditation of the Foreign Ministry Press Service is 06.36913432. The deadline for accreditation has been set at 13:00 on Wednesday 27 February.
Calendar of press events:
Wednesday 27 February:
· Arrival at Ciampino Military Airport of US Secretary of State John Kerry. A video opportunity will be made possible. For specific accreditation please indicate the type and license plate number of the vehicle with which you intend to arrive at Ciampino airport. Camera operators will be admitted to Ciampino Military Airport, 31° Stormo, on 27 February at 14:30.
· Bilateral meeting between Minister for Foreign Affairs Giulio Terzi and US Secretary of State John Kerry, followed by a “Dinner in Transatlantic Format” for representatives of 34 nations (of which 23 will be foreign ministers), NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen and EU High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy Catherine Ashton. The press will be allowed “doorstep” coverage of arrivals at Villa Madama beginning at 19:00.
Accredited journalists will be admitted at the rear entrance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Via Macchia della Farnesina between the hours of 16:30 and 18:45. Shuttle service will be provided to and from Villa Madama.
Thursday 28 February:
· Closed ministerial meeting on Syria followed by a meeting with representatives of the Syrian opposition. The press will be allowed “doorstep” coverage of arrivals at Villa Madama beginning at 8:45. Camera operators only, in pool format, will be allowed to cover the start of the meeting and family photo.
· The meetings are to end at 12:15 and be followed by a press statement.
· The event “2013 – The year of Italian Culture in the United States”, will take place at 12:50, with Minister Giulio Terzi and Secretary of State John Kerry attending.
Accredited journalists will be admitted at the rear entrance to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Via Macchia della Farnesina. Journalists interested in the “doorstep” coverage and video opportunity doorstep will be admitted between the hours of 7:00 and 8:15 and no later. Journalists interested in covering the press statement and “Year of Culture” event will be admitted between the hours of 10:30 and 11:30 and no later. In both cases shuttle service will be provided to and from Villa Madama.