On Thursday 6 July, the Farnesina will host the Ministerial Conference entitled “A shared responsibility for a common goal: solidarity and security”.
The Conference will be attended by the Ministers of the Countries of Origin and Transit of Migration (Libya, Niger, Tunisia, Egypt, Chad, Ethiopia, Sudan), along with some EU member countries (Germany, Austria, Spain, France, The Netherlands, Malta, Estonia), the High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, Federica Mogherini, the Deputy High Commissioner of the UNHCR, Volker Turk, the Director General of the IOM, William Lacy Swing, and the special representative of the Secretary General of the United Nations for International Migration, Louise Arbour.
The members of the press will have access to the following segments of the agenda:
• 10:00 a.m. – Round table during opening session (photographers and cameramen only)
• 12:20 p.m. – Family photo (photographers and cameramen only)
• 12:30 p.m.- Press Point with conclusions by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the above mentioned events open to the media are requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following ways:
– by filling the interactive form at the link http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching thereto, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country).
– by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), including name, surname, media organisation, date and place of birth.
Journalists NOT registered in the reserved area on the website of the MInistry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation are requested to attach the letter of their media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale released by the Rome Embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
Accreditation badges must be collected in person at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, back entrance, on Via della Macchia della Farnesina
• from 9.15 to 9.45 a.m. for the round table (photographers and cameramen only)
• from 11.30 a.m. to 12.00 noon for the Family Photo and the Press Point with Minister Alfano