Agrigento will host the 1st Italo-Libyan Economic Forum on Friday 7 and Saturday 8 July 2017. The meeting will be attended by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Angelino Alfano, and the Libyan Deputy Prime Minister, Ahmed al Maiteeg.
The Forum will explore economic and industrial cooperation opportunities between Italy and Libya, by bringing together for the first time representatives of the Italian entrepreneurial, financial and consultancy world and top officers of the Libyan government. The meeting, which will be opened by Minister Alfano and Libya’s Deputy Prime Minister Maiteeg, will be organised into four panels, each on a specific theme: investments, infrastructure, energy and networks and financial tools.
EVENTS OPEN TO THE PRESS
Members of the press will have access to the following sections:
Friday, 7 July
Press conference by Minister Alfano to present the Forum – Location: Prefettura of Agrigento
Signing of the Italo-Libyan Joint Statement on relaunching economic cooperation – Location: Temple of Peace (Valley of the Temples)
Saturday, 8 July
10:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Opening addresses by Minister Alfano and the Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Maiteeg – Location: Hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace
Joint press conference Alfano-Maiteeg – Location: Hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace
APPLYING FOR ACCREDITATION
Journalists, photographers and TV crews are requested to apply for accreditation in one of the following ways by 1:00 p.m. on 6 July:
– by filling the interactive form at http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp, attaching, unless already provided, the information requested in digital format (letter from the media organisation and, for representatives of foreign media, also a Note Verbale released by the Rome embassy of the media organisation’s country).
– by sending an email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Institutional Press and Communication Service at: email@example.com (Tel. + 39 06/3691.3432 or 8573 or 8210), attaching the letter of his/her media organisation (or press card) and, for members of the foreign press, a Note Verbale from the Rome embassy of the media organisation’s Country.
COLLECTING ACCREDITATION BADGES
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews can collect their accreditation badges as follows:
Friday, 7 July
- Press Conference by Minister Alfano to present the Forum
Accreditation Desk: Prefettura of Agrigento – Piazza Aldo Moro 1
The accreditation desk will be open from 10:15 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
- Signing of the Italo-Libyan Joint Statement on relaunching economic cooperation Accreditation Desk: Entrance to the Valley of the Temples, at the side of the Temple of Juno
The accreditation desk will be open from 5.30 pm to 6:15 p.m.
Saturday, 8 July
- Opening addresses by Minister Alfano and the Libyan Deputy Prime Minister Maiteeg Accreditation Desk: Hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace
The accreditation desk will be open from 9:45 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Press Conference
Accreditation Desk: Hotel Dioscuri Bay Palace
The accreditation desk will be open from 2:45 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.