The final event of the Days of Italian Training in the World is being held today at the Farnesina with Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, the honourable Antonio Tajani, and Minister of Education and Merit, Prof. Giuseppe Valditara in attendance.
The first official event devoted to the Italian Training System in the World gave an opportunity for meetings and discussions among all the players in the network, including Italian schools and sections abroad, lectures and courses on the Italian language and culture.
The event was attended by students, experts, teachers, school managers and administrative personnel and originated from the awareness that Italian education and training are an important instrument of cultural diplomacy and soft power, as part of the promotion of the Italian language and culture in the world.
With the first edition of the Days of Italian Training in the World, the Directorate General for Public and Cultural Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation intends to boost this network of educational institutions, promoting discussion among all players on opportunities, challenges and prospects for the Italian educational model.
In view of the event, four technical discussions were held in which the representatives of the Italian Training System in the World, led by external experts, discussed strategic topics including digitalisation, interculturality, inclusion, communication, planning, the Internet and innovation in teaching methods.
The results of the thematic discussions will be gathered in a policy document.
The Italian Training System in the world includes:
- over 300,000 students
- 7 Italian state schools abroad – the core of the System operating in Addis Ababa, Athens, Barcelona, Istanbul, Madrid, Paris and Zurich
- 42 Italian private schools abroad with 30 in the Northern Hemisphere and 12 in the Southern Hemisphere
- 92 Italian sections in foreign, bilingual or international schools where both the Italian language is taught, as well as subjects taught in Italian. Over half (49) are the result of international agreements
- 10,979 courses on Italian language and culture abroad, organised by managing bodies and ministerial teaching staff. 65 managing bodies received ministerial grants in 2021, spread across Europe, North America, Latin America, South Africa, Australia and the Middle East.
- 130 Italian language lectures in foreign universities, active in 63 countries
- school staff: 674 school managers, teachers and administrative staff, managed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation and serving abroad
All updates on the event are published on www.esteri.it and on the “Italiana” portal Home – Italiana – Lingua, cultura, creatività nel mondo (esteri.it)
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org