This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Munich – Italian researchers assemble for first conference of “Italy’s Northernmost City”

Munich’s geographic proximity to Italy, the high standards of living and the presence of research centres of primary importance throughout the territory have recently spurred a growing number of Italian researchers to move to what is called “Italy’s Northernmost City”. This gives particular importance to the first official conference of the Italian researchers who live and work in Munich, which will be held at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, April 27 at the Italian Institute of Culture (IIC). The event is organised by the IIC in partnership with Forum Italia e.V.and Airicerca – Associazione internazionale dei ricercatori italiani (International Association of Italian Researchers) – with the sponsorship of the Italian Consulate General in Munich. The conference will open with an address by Italian Consul General, Renato Cianfarani, who will be followed by keynote speakers Elisa Romanelli (PhD), Ulrico Pekelsen (PhD) and Leone Rossetti (PhD). “The principal aim of the conference – reads the presentation note – is to enhance the network of connections in order to foster an exchange of ideas and information between researchers. Secondly, the event aims to highlight the excellence of Italian researchers in Germany. Airicerca, a non-profit organisation linking over 14,000 researchers around the world, has three main goals: promoting the professional profile of researchers and highlighting their essential role in society; networking Italian researchers in Italy and in the rest of the world by organising meetings and debate forums; disseminating knowledge coming from the world of research to the broad public.”

The IIC in Munich

The Italian Institute of Culture in Munich was established in 1955. The land belonged to the “Casa degl’Italiani”, which was built up towards the end of the 1930s mainly thanks to the contribution of Italian fruit and vegetable importers who lived around the central market. Indeed, the Italian Institute of Culture is located between the central market and the Theresienwiese district. Probably destroyed during the war, the building was reconstructed with the financing of the Italian Government between 1954 and 1955.

You might also be interested in..