A reminder that to mark the Semester of the Italian Presidency of the Council of the European Union a “Farnesina Open Doors” cultural event will take place on Tuesday 16 December at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation. The event will be in two parts:
– 19.00 Welcome address by the Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Paolo Gentiloni, followed by a concert by young opera singers from Milan’s Teatro alla Scala
– 19.40 Vernissage of “Immagini Italiane Contemporanee” exhibition, curated by the MAXXI gallery, and tour of the “Young artists and new acquisitions by the Farnesina Collection” exhibition. The vernissage and tour will be in the presence of Minister Gentiloni; the Minister for Education, Universities and Research, Stefania Giannini; and the Minister for Cultural Assets and Activities, Dario Franceschini.
For those journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in attending, an additional guided tour will also take place at 17.30. This will include the photography exhibition by the Association of Italian Women Diplomats (DID), the exhibition of models featuring the Rosetta space mission, the Philae Lander and the International Space Station (ISS); the original European Community treaties and other original diplomatic documents; and the photography exhibition of the Italian Society for International Organisation entitled “The SIOI. 1944-2014: 70 years of foreign policy at Palazzetto Venezia”. Filming will be permitted during the tour.
Online accreditation system.
Journalists, photographers and TV crews interested in following the event should:
– complete the interactive form available at http://mae.accreditationsystem.info/ITA/Indice.asp
– attach all required documentation (if not already submitted) to the form, in digital format
Required digital documentation:
– a letter from your media organisation
– for foreign journalists in Italy: a note verbale issued by the Embassy in Rome of your media organisation’s country.
Applications should be submitted no later than 13.00 of 16 December 2014.
If you are unable to complete the online accreditation procedure, please send your application by email to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation’s Press and Institutional Communication Service, email@example.com (tel. 06/3691.3432-8573-8210).
Accredited journalists, photographers and TV crews should use the rear entrance to the Ministry at “via della Macchia della Farnesina”, at the following times:
– 17.15 to follow the guided tour of the exhibitions
– no later than 18.30 to follow Minister Gentiloni’s address