Modulo di richiesta informazioni
(Information request form)
(Reference Office: D.G.IT. – DESK I)
Considering that the requirements of compatriots in need may vary significantly in different geographical areas and from country to country in the same area, the forms of welfare interventions may also change.
In particular, where the poverty situations are most acute, the aim is to operate – albeit within the limits of the resources made available in the form of State contributions – so that the welfare agencies and associations located in the district territory can take action – through initiatives complementary to the Representations’ interventions, thus avoiding duplication and overlapping of interventions – as a sort of welfare “network”, especially designed to support compatriots in a severe state of need, often elderly people, but also working-age people with health problems or with dependent children.
The main types of intervention provided for by the relevant legislation are the following:
- provision of subsistence grants;
- distribution of basic necessities and meals, including through the provision of food tickets;
- distribution of medicines, possibly through agreements with pharmacies;
- health, social or legal assistance on a free or semi-free basis, including through payment for services provided by managing bodies of hospitals, nursing homes, homes for elderly people or therapeutic communities.
- implementation of initiatives involving the assisted people at major holidays (Christmas and Easter, but also national holidays), such as the distribution of “gift baskets” and care packages or the organization of charity lunches or dinners.