(Reference office: D.G.IT. – DESK IV)
- New York Convention of June 20, 1956 on the Recovery Abroad of Maintenance Claims.
- Convenzione dell’Aja del 5.10.1961 (Hague Convention of October 5, 1961 on Jurisdiction of the Authority and Applicable Law in Respect of the Protection of Children).
- Convenzione dell’Aja del 2.10.1973 (Hague Convention of October 2, 1973 on the Recognition of Maintenance Obligations).
- Convenzione di Lussemburgo del 20.5.1980 (Luxembourg Convention of May 20, 1980 on Recognition and Enforcement of Decisions concerning Custody of Children and on Restoration of Custody of Children).
- Convenzione dell’Aja del 25.10.1980 (Hague Convention of October 25, 1980 on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction).
- Convenzione di New York del 20.11.1989 (New York Convention of November 20, 1989 on the Rights of the Child).
- Convenzione europea sull’esercizio dei diritti dei bambini, adottata a Strasburgo il 25.01.1996 in materia di protezione dei minori. (the European Convention on the Exercise of Children’s Rights, adopted in Strasbourg on January 25, 1996 on the protection of children).
- Convenzione dell’Aja del 19.10.1996– (Hague Convention of October 19, 1996 on Jurisdiction, Applicable Law, Recognition, Enforcement and Cooperation in respect of Parental Responsibility and Measures for the Protection of Children).
- EC Reg. 2201/2003 on jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement of judgments in matrimonial matters and the matters of parental responsibility.
- Legislative Decree No 71 of February 3, 2011 – Organisation and functions of consular offices.
- Bambini contesi – Guida di orientamento (edizione 2020). (Contested Children – Guidance Guide (2020 edition).
Useful websites for consulting relevant legal instruments:
www.hcch.net (for the Hague Conventions)
www.coe.int (for Strasbourg Conventions)
http://europa.eu (for EU legal instruments)