FOR TECHNICAL COOPERATION CAPACITY BUILDING
AND HUMAN RESOURCES DEVELOPMENT
The Fellowships Programme for Technical Cooperation Capacity Building and Human Resources Development is an initiative funded by the Directorate General for Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) of Italy. It is implemented by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN/DESA) and targets post-graduate Italian nationals.
Through this Programme, young skilled professionals are selected for a one-year on-the-job training in developing countries in the Field Offices of organizations belonging to the United Nations System. Before taking up their assignment in the host country, Fellows attend a mandatory orientation workshop, which is an integral part of the Programme.
The tentative timeframe for the 2023 – 2024 round of the Programme is as follows:
- February 2024: orientation workshop
- March 2024 – February 2025: work experience / on-the-job training period in a UN Field Office.
To be considered eligible, all of the following requirements are mandatory:
- born on or after 1 January 1995
- Italian nationality
- Fluency in English and Italian
- hold one of the following advanced university degrees (or degree combinations) awarded beforethe application deadline:
- Laurea Magistrale/Specialistica
- Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
- Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree
- Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree.
For practical advice on preparing an application to the Italian Fellowships Programme, candidates are invited to attend a Webinar on one of the following dates (N.B. prior online enrolment is mandatory via www.undesa.it):
- Tuesday 27 June 2023 (10:30 a.m.)
- Tuesday 4 July 2023 (5:00 p.m.)
- Friday 14 July 2023 (10:30 a.m.)
- Thursday 20 July 2023 (5:00 p.m.)
The deadline for application submission is 31 July 2023 at 3:00 p.m. (Italian local time). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered valid.
Applications can only be submitted online via the ‘Online Web Application’ system (OWA) of the UN/DESA Rome Office. Access to this system is available from the website www.undesa.it
In view of the high expected volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted by UN/DESA regarding the outcome of the pre-selection process.