The Fellowships Programme for Technical Cooperation Capacity Building and Human Resources Development is an initiative funded by the Italian Government through the General Directorate for Development Cooperation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) and the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS). It is implemented by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN/DESA)
Its objective is to offer young graduates under 28 years of age the opportunity to undertake vocational training in the offices of United Nations System organisations in developing countries or in foreign offices of the Italian Development Cooperation Agency. The scholarships last almost a year and include a two-week training course prior to taking up the assignment in the destination countries.
The 2020-2021 Program should be structured as follows:
▪ May 2021: orientation workshop
▪ June 2021 – May 2022: work experience/on-the-job training period at offices of United Nations organizations in developing countries or at AICS foreign offices
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be variations in the start date of the scholarship and in the procedures for carrying out it (in the assignment centres or in teleworking mode).
To apply for the Program, the following requirements are mandatory:
- to be born on or after January 1, 1992
- Italian nationality
- fluency in English and Italian
- to have obtained one of the following university qualifications:
– Laurea Specialistica/Magistrale
– Laurea Magistrale a ciclo unico
– Laurea/Laurea Triennale plus university Master’s degree
– Bachelor’s degree plus university Master’s degree
For practical advice on preparing an application to the Italian Fellowships Programme, candidates are invited to attend a Webinar on one of the following dates (N.B. prior online enrolment is mandatory via www.undesa.it):
- 24 September 2020 (5 p.m.)
- 29 September 2020 (4 p.m.)
- 05 October 2020 (10:30 a.m.)
- 13 October 2020 (10:30 a.m.)
- 21 October 2020 (5 p.m.)
- 26 October 2020 (10.30 a.m.)
The deadline for application submission is October 30, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. (Italian local time). Incomplete or late applications will not be considered valid.
Applications can only be submitted online via the ‘Online Web Application’ system (OWA) of the UN/DESA Rome Office. Access to this system is available from the website www.undesa.it
Due to the high number of expected applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.